Decisions made at the time of a merger or acquisition can have crucial effects on the future operations and stability of the new organization or business structure. Various corporate structures can initiate or call for different legal protections for owners and creditors, and these decisions affect tax treatments for the new entity.
HHDU lawyers have extensive experience in handling a variety of amicable and contested transactions for both publicly traded and privately held corporations. Our merger and acquisition attorneys are members of the Corporate Counsel sections of the Dallas Bar Association and State Bar of Texas, and have handled numerous small- and large-scale transactions. We handle M&A work for a wide range of industries, including health care, software, food processing, restaurants, fast food, gaming, insurance and manufacturing.
Aspects of merger and acquisition legal services include:
- Negotiating and drafting equity interest and asset purchase agreements
- Conducting thorough due diligence
- Ensuring a smooth transition of property, contracts and operations
- Transferring ongoing contracts
- Helping retain key personnel
- Negotiating, drafting and litigating non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Handling ERISA benefits
- Identifying pitfalls and deal breakers
- Managing or preventing the transfer of customer lists
- Protecting intellectual property rights
Your merger or acquisition benefits from having skilled counsel involved in all phases of the transaction. Engage us prior to entering into any merger or acquisition negotiations to position your company for the most favorable outcome in the deal. Our attorneys can help protect your organization from employees and executives who may leave the company, taking confidential information with them. We’ll also draft employment contracts for retained employees and executives.