Companies today are charged with the responsibility of complying with laws and regulations, including state specific and federal laws, governing the employee/employer relationship. The Firm is equipped to help companies effectively navigate these issues on the front-end and avoid costly mistakes which often lead to costly litigation. Sometimes, litigation is unavoidable or necessary to protect or enforce a Company’s rights. The Firm is staffed with experienced litigators with significant experience in employment related disputes ready to help your company manage the disputes and allow you to focus on running your business. The Firm also represents employees dealing with similar issues.
The Firm has been successful in defending and pursuing a wide range of employment disputes in Texas and across the country in court, in arbitration, or before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), obtaining favorable judgments and negotiating smart settlements for our clients:
- Enforcement of restrictive and confidentiality covenants, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Termination related disputes, reduction in force and layoff decisions, wrongful termination allegations, “for cause” terms, compensation due upon termination — severance and benefits, and unemployment benefit claims
- Overtime, wages, and reporting disputes and inquiries under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Texas Labor Code, Texas Payday Law and other applicable statutes
- Discrimination, hostile work environment and retaliation claims based on age, race, religion, sex, national origin, and disability, including allegations of pregnancy discrimination, arising under the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (TCHRA), Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and other relevant statutes
- Temporary and extended leave and absence issues, including those related to The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and disability protection policies
- Negotiation of employment agreements and compensation and enforcement of those agreements
- Ongoing advice and counsel regarding employment issues
Non-Compete Agreement Enforcement
We can help determine if a former executive violated a non-compete agreement and represent you in the case to protect your business interests. Or, if you’re an executive with a non-compete agreement, we’ll review your documentation to determine the boundaries and enforceability of such agreements.